Terms and Conditions
Updated March 1, 2018
- General. The Career Step Referral Program allows you to receive a payment from Career Step, LLC ("Career Step") when a qualifying new student (the "Referred Student") enrolls in a qualifying Career Step educational program based upon your referral. To receive a referral payment under the Referral Program, each referral and your participation in the Referral Program must comply with all of the requirements set forth below.
- Referral Payment Requirements. For you to receive a referral payment under the Referral Program, each referral of a Referred Student must meet each of the following requirements.
In the event that the Referral Program or your participation in the Referral Program is discontinued, you will receive the referral payment for each of your Referred Students that has satisfied all of the above requirements prior to the discontinuation date of the Referral Program.
- The Referred Student must enroll in one or more of the following qualifying Career Step educational programs through the online enrollment process found at CareerStep.com/enroll or by calling 1-800-411-7073: Medical Transcription Editor, Medical Transcription, Professional Medical Coding and Billing, Inpatient Auditing, Medical Administrative Assistant, Medical Administrative Assistant with Electronic Health Records, Medical Billing, Medical Office Manager, Medical Assistant, Physical Therapy Aide, Healthcare IT, Executive Assistant, Veterinary Assistant, Veterinary Assistant with Medical Office Administration, Computer Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Technician with Healthcare Administration and Billing, Pharmacy Technician with Healthcare Administration, or Pharmacy Technician with Healthcare Billing.
- The Referred Student must enroll without any incentives from you as the Referrer and with full intentions to complete the training program.
- The Referred Student must be a resident of the United States of America, Canada, Australia, or South Africa but must not be a resident of North Carolina eligible to receive the tuition assistance or subsidy offered by the State of North Carolina.
- The Referred Student must not be a current or past student of Career Step.
- The Referred Student must not be you.
- The Referred Student must enroll directly with Career Step, rather than through any of Career Step's partner relationships.
- The referral of the Referred Student must not be the direct or indirect result of the use of group email addresses, third party bulk mailing lists, customer lists, or other similar sources, or through unsolicited e-mails ("Spam"). Your participation in the Referral Program may be immediately and permanently terminated if you use Spam to obtain referrals.
- The referral of the Referred Student must not be the direct or indirect result of paid search ads based on Career Step tradename keyword bidding. Your participation in the Referral Program may be immediately and permanently terminated if you bid on any Career Step trade name keyword terms (or variations thereof) on any online search engine or similar online search methods. You are also prohibited from running paid search ads that point users directly to the Career Step web domain, such as your referral webpage.
- The referral of the Referred Student must not be the direct or indirect result of the referrer posting or commenting on Career Step’s social media pages, profiles and blogs.
- The enrollment of the Referred Student must be within the last 6 months.
Eligibility Requirements for Participation in the Program. To be eligible to receive a referral payment, you must meet each of the following requirements:
- You must be enrolled in the Referral Program (enrollment can be completed at referral.careerstep.com) and must have affirmatively agreed to the terms and conditions in the manner required therein.
- You must be a resident of the United States of America, Canada, Australia or South Africa at the time of the referral.
- You must not be an employee or a family member of a Career Step employee at the time of the referral.
- Referral Payment Amount. The amount of each referral payment shall be equal to (a) $100.00 for each of up to two Referred Students enrolled in a qualifying Career Step educational program during an applicable month, OR (b) $200.00 for each of up to four Referred Students enrolled in a qualifying Career Step educational program during an applicable month, OR (c) $250.00 for each of 5 or more Referred Students enrolled in a qualifying Career Step educational program during an applicable month, less in each case any chargebacks, refunds, reversals or withdrawals for such or prior Referred Students. The referral payments shall be paid after an eligible course is no longer subject to return, refund or credit. Career Step may withhold a payment until it receives a properly filled out W-9 form from you if the payment plus the sum of all other payments made to you by Career Step in the same calendar year would be greater than or equal to $600. You are responsible for ensuring Career Step has your current address on file. Referral payment checks will be mailed once a month to the address on file. If a referrer fails to update their address before their check is mailed, they may choose to have a stop payment put on the check and then have payment resent to a corrected address for a $25 stop-payment fee deducted from the original amount of the referral check.
- Relationship of the Parties. You and Career Step are independent contractors, and nothing herein will create any other relationship. You will have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on behalf of Career Step and will have no right, power or authority to bind or obligate Career Step in any manner whatsoever. You will not make any statement that reasonably would contradict anything in this Section 5.
- Termination; Amendment. Career Step reserves the right to modify any of the terms and conditions of the Referral Program—including, but not limited to, the methods through which you may earn referral payments and the amount of referral payments—at any time, with or without notice, even though these changes may affect your ability to receive a referral payment. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, your participation in the Referral Program constitutes your acceptance of any changes to the terms and conditions of the Referral Program. You are responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to any changes that Career Step may make to the terms and conditions of the Program. The most current version of the terms and conditions of the Program will be available at referral.careerstep.com/termsandconditions and will supersede all previous versions of the terms and conditions of the Program. You acknowledge that Career Step may terminate the Referral Program at any time without prior notice to you. Either you or Career Step may terminate your participation in the Referral Program at any time, with or without cause, by giving the other party written notice of termination. Career Step reserves the right to terminate your participation in the Program if you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions.
- Compliance with Law. You shall at all times comply with all laws, ordinances, rules, regulations or requirements applicable to your participation in the Referral Program.
- Indemnification. By participating in the Referral Program, you accept all responsibility for, and hereby indemnify and hold harmless Career Step, its related companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, equity owners, agents, and successors, and assigns, from and against any claims that may arise from your actions in connection with the Referral Program.
- Disputes. Any dispute relating in any way to the Referral Program that cannot be resolved among the parties will be adjudicated in any state or federal court in Utah County, Utah, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts. The laws of the State of Utah, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, will govern your participation in the Referral Program and any dispute that might arise between you and Career Step related to the Referral Program. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these terms and conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
- Limitation of Liability. By participating in the Referral Program, you accept all responsibility for, and hereby indemnify and hold harmless Career Step, each of its related companies, and each such company's respective officers, directors, employees, equity owners, agents, and successors, and assigns (the "Released Parties"), from and against any claims that may arise from your actions in connection with the Referral Program. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE PROGRAM, EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THEREFORE SUCH EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.